2017 was a remarkable year for American Jewelry and Loan! Here are just a few of the highlights:
- The Detroit Regional Chamber hosted ‘Inside the CEO Mind‘ at American Jewelry and Loan, welcoming over 100 business leaders to their iconic store to hear their remarkable success story.
- We are always happy to welcome visitors to our store (including Naked Magicians) and were honored when the Detroit Metro Convention and Visitors Bureau named our store to their list of ‘How to Spend a Day in Detroit’.
- Les and Seth Gold love spending time with their fellow pawnbrokers. They delivered the keynote speech and a breakout session at Midwest Pawnbrokers Convention in Nashville as well as the Dixie Pawnbrokers Educational Conference. Seth attended the NPA Legislative Conference in Washington DC. In July, they attended Pawn Expo in Las Vegas.
- Seth Gold was named to DBusiness Magazine’s 2017 Class of Thirty in their 30s.
- We created a Facebook Insider’s Group to connect with local customers who shop at our THREE Metro Detroit locations. Our VIP Insiders can take advantage of exclusive offers and see unique items as they’re added to our showroom floor. We also created an email address where customers can connect directly with our sales professionals for concierge service.
- American Jewelry and Loan Pontiac partnered with some of the most successful business leaders in the area to host a 3-week Entrepreneurship Master Class. Also in Pontiac, we repeated our popular Financial Literacy for Alternative Lending Customers Course in Pontiac.
- Seth Gold served as a panelist for Crain’s Detroit’s business webinar How to Grow Your Business Through Networking.
- Les and Seth Gold remained committed to supporting their community in 2017, beginning with attending the 2017 NAIAS Charity event. Les served as the celebrity auctioneer at The Big Auction, helping raise $125,000 for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Detroit. They served as Honorary Chairs of the Wigs 4 Kids Gala. Winning Futures raised over $275,000 at their 2017 Corks and Forks event, where Les Gold served as the Celebrity Auctioneer.
- The 2017 Mackinac Policy Conference 2016 To-Do List Report, presented by Dennis Archer, Jr., included a feature summarizing the Financial Literacy Workshops that were hosted by American Jewelry and Loan in partnership with Junior Achievement, Greenpath Financial Wellness, and Operation HOPE.
As we look to 2018, we’ll celebrate the 40th Year of American Jewelry and Loan with gratitude and appreciation for those who have supported our business for four generations.