DETROIT, Sept. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — TEDxDetroit is pleased to announce its confirmed speakers for the local, self-organized event that will bring people together to share a TED-like experience on Wednesday, Oct. 2, from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., at the new Grand Ballroom in Cobo Center overlooking the Detroit River. More than 1,000 attendees are expected to attend TEDxDetroit, an event that will offer deep discussion and connection in an intimate setting.
Here is a list of a few diverse speakers who will share positive ideas for the world from Detroit:
- Les Gold, business owner, reality TV star of “Hardcore Pawn”
- Kevin Krease, Founder & Director, X Games Detroit
- Jason Hall, Co-Founder, Detroit Bike City & Slow Roll Detroit
- Dr. Partha Nandi, Physician & Talk Show Host
- Nathan Hughes, Co-Founder and MC, Detroit Labs
- Jackie Victor, Owner, Avalon International Breads
- Any Kaherl & Elizabeth Garlow, Detroit Soup, Kiva
- Ryan Landau, Co-Founder, Chalkfly.com
- Jaclyn Trop, Journalist, New York Times
- Greg Gage, Co-Founder, Backyard Brains
- Angela Kilgore, Student, Community Organizer
- Rich Sheridan, CEO, Menlo Innovations
- John Bacon, Author, “Fourth and Long”
- Jacques Panis, director of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships, Shinola
“Each year, we seek out speakers and performers who have a direct connection to Detroit or to the state of Michigan,” said Charlie Wollborg, curator of TEDxDetroit and Chief Troublemaker of Curve Idea Accelerator. “And this year is no exception, as we’ve selected a group of people who will speak of change and inspiration for the city.”
TEDxDetroit will release speaker bios and more information daily through its Tumblr page, www.tedxdetroit.tumblr.com, Facebook page, www.facebook.com/tedxdetroit, and Twitter page, www.twitter.com/tedxdetroit.
People interested in attending the event are invited to submit an application on www.TEDxDetroit.com due to limited seating. Invitations to attend will be e-mailed directly to applicants.
TEDxDetroit is not only meant to create dialogue and action, it also serves as a platform for Michigan social entrepreneurs to share their thoughts, actively apply ideas and ultimately bring positive change to Detroit. TEDxDetroit is proudly sponsored by Buick, OnStar, Plex Systems, Start Garden, Bizdom, Curve Detroit, Airfoil, Mindfield, EEI Global, PowerStream, Motor City Connect and LA2M.
To learn more about the conference, please visit www.tedxdetroit.com.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxDetroit, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxDetroit event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized.
Follow TEDxDetroit on Twitter at twitter.com/TEDxDetroit or on Facebook at facebook.com/TEDxDetroit.
Contact: Jennifer Lee
Airfoil Public Relations
Office: 248-304-1423; Cell: 248-390-8121